A Good Skin Cleansing Routine
Skincare can be tedious and confusing, even for the obsessed! So many ingredients, choices, and brands - where do you begin?
First and foremost, determine whether your skincare routine is meeting your needs? Your products should be suited to your skin type - normal, dry, oily, or combination. Also, you should review what skin concerns that you might need to address - dehydration, hyperpigmentation, acne, etc. It’s all about assessing your needs and taking the time to find products that can meet those needs.
For example, if you have a specific condition that concerns you, such as dehydration, hyperpigmentation, or signs of aging, you can opt to treat this with a targeted serum. Our Golden Caviar Illuminate Serum is perfect as it combines all three serums into one. This is an example of how you can go about finding the right products to meet your needs.
Follow these tips from dermatologists to help you keep your face looking healthy.
- Use a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser that does not contain alcohol.
- Wet your face with lukewarm water and use your fingertips to apply a light cleanser. Using a washcloth, mesh sponge, or anything other than your fingertips can irritate your skin.
- Resist the temptation to scrub your skin because scrubbing irritates the skin.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Apply moisturizer if your skin is dry or itchy. Be gentle when applying any cream around your eyes so you do not pull too hard on this delicate skin.
- Limit washing to once a day and rinse with cool water after sweating. Wash your face once at night
- To remove make-up, we prefer using pure almond oil around your eyes, and gentle cleaning towelettes.
A good cleanse is the most important foundation of a good routine, ensuring you’re removing dirt, oil, sweat, and pollution.